Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Erin from Seven Little Australians has awarded me a Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Erin!

I'm fairly new to the whole blogging scene - that is, I've had a blog for a long time, but only recently began using it, and reading other people's blogs, on a regular basis. I find it quite a challenge to come up with 'new' ideas - but I've finally come to realise that blog posts do not have to be full of super ideas, but rather, they need to be 'real'.

Rules for the Versatile Blogger are:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
  • Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
  • Give this award to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  • Contact those bloggers and let them in on the news.


Well, firstly - some things about 'me'.

1. I like to have everything in its place - and when something goes missing, it drives me crazy!
2. I enjoy watching 'historical' type movies - Robin Hood, Titanic, Historical Fiction-type stuff.
3. I like to paint Australian landscapes and old buildings - still much to learn, but I am very much enjoying the 'Len Hend' painting DVDs.
4. I love to study. I hold several certificates, including Certificates in 'Basic Accounting', 'Commercial Studies', and 'Comprehensive Writing'. I may yet decide to complete a degree sometime in the future.
5. I play the flute, and this year have joined a concert band.
6. I am a Michael Jackson fan, and have been since childhood.
7. I once played the part of 'Liesl' in 'The Sound of Music'.




Here are some of my favourite blogs that I've discovered these past few months:

1. Seven Little Australians
2. Aussie Coffee Shop
3. Roses, Tea and Our Lady
4. Every Bed of Roses Has Its Thorns
5. A Catholic Mom Climbing the Pillars
6. A Whole Hearted Catholic
7. Serenades and Solace
8. Cherished Hearts at Home


Now, I do have a few more on my list, but these are the blogs I have visited and found posts to inspire and to encourage. With limited downloads and limited time, I'm afraid I do not get to read many blogs on a regular basis.

Linda.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well, it's not usually! I presume it's been hacked, or a problem with the server, etc. Don't really know.

Yes, I need to be very careful with visiting blogs - they do tend to zap our downloads, and we only have a limited amount each month. They certainly can inspire and uplift you, though.