Pillars of Pine

Pillars of Pine

Monday, May 7, 2012

Camp Willochra - Day Five


All too soon, our country homeschool camp came to an end.

Several of the teens had actually managed to stay up all night, and although they truly did pitch in and help with the packing up, they were tired!  Certain people were well and truly ready for sleep:

I think we killed him!


I was impressed, though, that they not only managed to stay awake throughout the whole ‘group photo’ happenings, but they even managed to look bright and cheerful.


Our Homeschool Group

By 10am, the camp site was pretty much back the way it was when we arrived.  After a thorough check by the warden, we were given the all clear, and we were on our way back home.  

Packing the Bus

Needless to say, it was a very quiet household for the rest of the day, as our party animals went to bed, and stayed there until evening.

Camp Willochra was over for a another year.  It was fun, entertaining and very relaxing.  We all very much enjoyed ourselves, and it was wonderful to catch up with old friends, and to make new ones. 

Already, there is talk of another camp before the year is out!  It’ll just be a matter of mustering up enough energy to organise it.  :)


Linda.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda!
I have been a follower for a while now and enjoy your posts. I'm hosting an Aussie home educator interview series on my blog and was wondering if you would like to join in?
Thanks, April :)
www.learning-alongside.com

Linda said...

Hi April - sure, I would be honoured! Just let me know what I need to do. :)

April said...

Wonderful Linda! If you could send me an e-mail {learningalongside@bigpond.com} and I'll forward you some details. :)